Friday, August 2, 2013

Abram

            What is Abram’s argument according to my interpretation? Simply stated that humanity is becoming to one or two dimensional in our daily lives. As individuals, communities and societies we must learn to fully interpret all the different dynamics that help form our daily lives. We must learn to see what truly makes a scene become so dynamic no matter how mundane the scene can be at the start or at the end. Individuals in our society are becoming less dimensional on a consistent basis, instead we look at the world as Black or White, True or False, Right and Wrong. We do not go into what creates the scene, what factors are exerting its influence upon the situation.
            For myself I learned to look deeper into the situation, to see what is creating this scene before my eyes. Will I be able to grasp it right from the beginning or will I have to look closely and try to gather my thoughts. Was that the intention of the scene, or piece of art, or anything in life at all? Before I would just take a picture, more importantly I would take photography of sporting events. Now I have learned that the camera can bring out more provoking thought then a simple phrase said by any individual. The phrase, “a picture is worth a thousand words”, now comes with more meaning when thought of by itself. Each picture now seen helps show that all elements must be accounted for and thought about as individual elements and how it works to create the larger picture before oneself.

            Finally I believe that the larger pictures that form help create an even larger portrait. No longer is the world just one huge element, instead it is made up of millions, and trillions, probably beyond comprehension how many elements are being utilized. Maybe that is why Abrams is writing, he wants us to realize that no matter how we view the world, there is a larger and a smaller picture that is being contributed towards.

1 comment:

  1. I think you really looked deep into Abram and his readings. i agree with all that you spoke abut understanding different scenes and dynamics. I like ur self feel that things are created before our eyes, and for me, if we don't stop and look, we will miss them, or ruin them. I think we all have to think deeply about the big picture and find ways to appreciate nature more.-IM

    ReplyDelete