Monday, July 15, 2013

Digital Culture

My first visit to Manitou Springs and I look forward to taking my family on a future visit.  On this rainy day my group and I did a little speed walking through this art/ historic town with brief pauses to snap a shot here and there.  On my way to the museum I passed the parking lot and had to drive down the street and my first thought was how cute!  Then I got aggravated because a simple u-turn took ten minutes with the slow traffic and people walking everywhere.  When I finally arrived the brief history we got was interesting and made me want to search for the stones throughout the town to read the history of the building.

The park the tornado ran though had trees that were destroyed and to keep what is natural in its place a couple of trees were carved into different things with what remained. I have to say they were impressive!  The tree house had a little chimney on top that was made out of brick that made it realistic and was adorable.

The springs run below the town and throughout this simulated environment, there are fountains with dripping water that you can drink.  The natural environment around this town helps thrive and places beauty around the historic town.  The mountains and flowing river with beautiful trees all around makes this town special.

I think the art is great especially being throughout the town and not just one spot but I think the buildings being different ages, colors, and shapes brings a different kind of art.  The front of the buildings have beautiful details in art work and have been kept up to invite you in.  As we walked behind the buildings however, the age of these structures showed with not being creative or even being neatly painted, with rickety boards holding them up over flowing water makes me worried when a flood goes through there what will be lost. 






 I think our public blog about this town with our pictures invites people to want to visit Manitou Springs.  The history and modern art with beauty around this town shows through our digital photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment