Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Manitou

                Manitou Springs is one of my favorite places in Colorado. It has such an artsy and relaxing feel to it. As soon as I enter the little town, I enter with the mindset that I am not just passing through as a visitor, but I am passing through as welcomed person. The artwork around Manitou is random, beautiful, and perfectly placed. Part of the coolest thing about Manitou Springs is the fact that the art is not too overwhelming. When you go to a place that is purely made up of artwork, one can feel like they do not belong, especially if they are not a huge fan of art. I am not a big fan of art, but Manitou makes me enjoy it in full. Manitou is perfectly set up, because the city itself feels like a piece of art with other works built in to it. The artwork itself does not alone make Manitou Springs intriguing, but the entire culture of Manitou makes it that way. The people, the little shops, the random musicians, the stoners, all added to the artsy feel give it the unique vibe.

                Along with the artwork in Manitou, the natural aspects are a huge aspect of why it is such a beautiful place. Being right there at the foot of the mountains, with all of the trees, rocks, and open space makes you appreciate it even more. It is such an enlightening place to just walk through, whether you are alone or with friends. I find it so easy to simply think when I’m in Manitou. The pictures that I have taken in Manitou Springs show the randomness and neat artwork around the city. The houses, the restaurants, the shops, the trees and nature, and the artwork in Manitou Springs all make it what it is today. If it were not for any of those things then Manitou would not be the fantastic place that it is. If you want a fun place to go walk around that is pretty to look at and has a different feel than just a regular city, then Manitou is perfect. 






No comments:

Post a Comment