Thursday, July 18, 2013

Manitou Springs







Manitou Springs is truly a magical place. It embodies a special energy that seems to pulsate through and within the entire town. Tucked up into the base of Pikes Peak, stepping into Manitou Springs makes one feel as if you were stepping into a different world; one filled with creativity, art, beauty, soul and light. Art is an inseparable concept in Manitou. It is reflected in the culture of the town so much that it feels safe to say that in it’s own way Manitou Springs is art, rather than a place filled with art.  The town is thriving with individuality, freedom of expression and an overall lightening of the soul through its people, services, art and location.  The artwork that is displayed in windows, and perched upon sidewalks simply adds richness to the already unique and fulfilling experience I have had every time I go there. When I find myself feeling lost or a bit down, I often find myself slowly strolling along the streets of Manitou, allowing myself to get lost in the many galleries, and kindness of its community.  Nature seems to be a fluid aspect to the people and places within Manitou as well. Often sculptures will reflect a unique blend of both nature and humanity sharing in balance.  I think it is a shame that they mentioned that they were concerned about showing nude art in the community. Manitou is a place of innovation, if there was any place in which to display the truly natural beauty of nude art, it would be in Manitou Springs. Although, I am not an artist by any means, I find Manitou to be a safe haven and inspiration for any and all artistic talents.  It encourages ones natural artistic abilities to flow freely, in a way that is unique to any other place in Colorado Springs.  I could not have been any happier that we had a class in Manitou; it is by far my favorite place to be. J


No comments:

Post a Comment