Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Downtown Walk


The starting point of a journey.
 A historic moment in the world of theater.
 A building that will forever be remembered.


The relaxing place.
An actors reflection space.
The beginning of new friendships.

Thinking about the past.
Remembering the friends.
Hope to be here again soon.


The night by the fire.
Saying goodbye to friend.
Planning to meet again soon.


Wake up from the day dream.
The feeling of being lost.
Now its time to go.



Brian Gramoll
HUM Media
2 July 2013
Seeing
Today we took a journey to downtown Colorado Springs to visit an art exhibit. The photographs I see were quit interesting to look at, but the whole time I was downtown I was reminded of the past. We were told to take a walk with our cameras and photograph the area. I walked around the pioneer  museum and took some photos of the build and the art in the area. As I walked back to my truck I was reminded of a line in Ways of seeing by John Berger. “When in love, the sight of the beloved has a completeness which no words and no embrace can match.” As I pulled out of the parking lot I thought about the time I spent in this area last winter. It was my first professional acting gig. I was a lending role the show Everyman, which we did on a bus through downtown Colorado Springs. After a week of shows the cast went to the Wyndham Hotel for drinks, which was the starting point of our show. I drove over to the hotel it was about two in the afternoon. I walked into the building and the Berger quote came back to me. It was then that I realized that the relationship with the actors in the show Everyman was a love that no words could match. I found myself setting the couch that we set in and I remembered a picture in my head of that very love. For a moment I was back to a feeling of completeness and then I realized that it was the middle of the day and the atmosphere was completely different. In fact I noticed that there were people in the hotel giving me strange looks. As I walked back to my truck I found it a thrill to walk into a room and see a time that gave me much joy.










No comments:

Post a Comment