Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Manitou Montage

Walking in Manitou
 
     As I walk through this town I realize that it is one of the most unique places I have ever seen. There is a great variety of art, people, and culture. It truly is a great blending of worlds. A great melting pot for many if you will. To me there is not much that is replicated in Manitou Springs. The argument might be made that the road is replicated, but I really see so much originality in this town that's it's hard to put a bead on anything similar. When I look at the natural I turn simply to nature. I see the green grass and trees and I see mother nature's fury as we walk through a thunderstorm as we see the beauty all around us. I see birds and even deer in town. I see the creek flowing as we cross the bridge.
     The simulated environment here interacts and flows with the real environment symbiotically. From making numerous trips here I can say that I honestly have not noticed things that I noticed during this walk. There were certain parts of town that I had never seen and even though I had driven or walked by many of these pieces of art in the past I had never seen them. It seems as though the artwork and design of the town flows more naturally than it would in a lot of other places.
     The public art here reflects the town by tying in the past with the future. The statue of the soldier and the old COG caboose are just two examples of this city's rich heritage. The COG has been a mainstay for a very long time and a great tourist attraction to the city.
     I think how I construct Manitou and that is to have my own walk, my own journey in how I see things and how I am able to perceive and to create art or thoughts based on my own experience. I think that it is important to soak up the world around you and to be able to reflect on where you've been and where you desire to be.




 





No comments:

Post a Comment