Sunday, June 30, 2013

Experience

Walk

As I walk in through this ancient space I can sense the timeless wisdom that the tress hold. They have been hidden in the earth beneath the soil for years. They have watched the seasons change again and again. They have lived through ice, thunder and snow storms watching and waiting like statues in a garden. As I walk by I feel intrigued and my age becomes the forefront of my mind. I am just a piece of the dust blowing in the wind. I am here today but could be gone tomorrow. My time is fleeting and by looking at these fossils, it becomes very real to me. I wish I could have seen what these trees looked like when they were living and thriving. What remains before me is just a hollow shell of what their life looked like millions of years ago. I like to imagine that they offered a sense of place to all of the creatures that lived by them. I feel the breath brush my face and sweep my hair back and experience the nature that is all around me. I notice the quietness that surrounds the trails at this nature reserve. All the people are taking pictures and are deep in thought. It is good for the soul to get away from city and step on ancient ground and take time to reflect on life and the beauty that is to be found. 

No comments:

Post a Comment