Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Florissant




Walking along the path under the bright sun delicately kissing my skin, I noticed the chirping of crickets, the buzz of a bee, and the breath of the wind. There was not a thought in my head that could give me reason to be negative. Such beauty could not be found in anything more calming or natural. The dirt and twigs on the ground reminded me that even beautiful things are not perfectly clean. Sometimes the dust makes beauty even richer.
I look up at the sky to see a blue and black colored bird flying over my head. If only I could be a bird for an hour- oh the things I would see. How much more would one be able to notice and experience if their literal home and dwelling place was nature in the raw? If I were to eat raw bugs and plants, live in trees, and be in harmony with nature, so much closer to nature I would be.
Throughout the walk, I focused more on the scenery than the fossils. The sky and the clouds were the most beautiful part of the whole scene. When the wind would blow, the trees would wave to the clouds as the clouds drifted along the blue pool above. There was such peace in Florissant. Each view part of the whole scene- the dusty, imperfect ground; the bird's melodious flight and entertainment; the sky's beautiful color and space. It was a very serene place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment