Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Filed Trip Review


My visit to Florissant was a unique experience. It was my first time to the fossil beds and my first time hearing about the history behind it. It was very interesting to hear that Florissant had an ocean there. When you think of Colorado you don't really think of oceans. It was also interesting to hear about the volcano and its destruction that it did to the environment. Seeing the fossils that was left behind and how their imprints were so detailed in the fossils was amazing. My group that I rode up with decided to go to the water fall after the fossil beds. Living in Colorado you can see every day that Colorado's beauty lies outside in the outdoors. Seeing that waterfall I was so impressed. The hike to get there I was so amazed looking at the mountains I never seen the, from that perspective. In the past couples years living in Colorado that was probably the most impressive sight I ever seen here.

The Florissant field trip was great. It's was a nice experience and a history lesson all tied into one. Me living history I enjoyed the history portion of the trip because it is always good to learn something new. The scenery in Florissant was great because it was a different setting then out here in Colorado Springs learning how the scientist studied the land and how Florissant is one of the most unique places in the world. The extended trip to the waterfall was great. I loved seeing that side of Colorado's nature and one of the greatest places I have been in my entire life. Over all I loved the field trip to Florissant it was definitely a great place to visit and definitely worth going back.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment